Sep 19, 2011

Dark Eldar Superheavy [2]

So I wanted to continue on with my design ideas, trying to create something that was close in idea to a Vampire sized Dark Eldar flyer. Now, I wanted to move in on some of the elements that make up Dark Eldar distinct from Eldar. While both races tend to use curves in the designs, Eldar typically use convex curves and Dark Eldar tend to use concave. Dark Eldar also tend to be more forward facing and agressive, and while both Eldar and Dark Eldar both use negative space, the darker kin tend to use it very frequently.

I started out using the Vampire as a guide to how I wanted this project to go, making adjustments to the design that made it fall more in line with the Dark Eldar design above. Adding elements that already existed in other Dark Eldar models to get an idea on how it would work on a vehicle that size. Once I had a firm idea on what I was trying to accomplish, I decided to take the time to build a very basic cardboard cut out to put it in perspective and refine my ideas.

Note the image below is a very rough outline and I haven't bothered to put any detailing into it at all, and also it is in two dimensions, only one layer of cardboard thick. The final version will be far far nicer. Shown for comparison is a Void Raven bomber of my design, and a Dark Eldar Raider.


2 Comments:

Kris Belleau September 19, 2011 at 9:15 PM  

Is it going to be more like a Vampire Raider (transport) or Vampire Hunter (Gunship).

Or kinda both?... maybe it fires webway missles...

Akenseth September 19, 2011 at 9:27 PM  

Seems we're thinking on a similar wavelength!

I'm working on two different configurations actually; One that deploys Webway portals (great for worlds that don't already have larger access points), while the other mounts some heavier weaponry.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP