Working on a Sunstorm Squadron for Apocalypse, which uses my Fire Prisms. Of course, it's good to paint these up so I can use them in games. In total there are going to be 6 Fire Prisms - making the maximum squadron size. The weapons have all been magnetized, allowing me to swap out for a Night Spinner configuration, or change the chin gun with ease. I should also mention that I had to modify the turrets slightly to get them to work with my paint scheme; I had to add 4 additional lines to the way the plating works to keep things set the same way. Basically this involved segmenting off the cockpit area and then the rectangle area on the sides.
Here you can see the Fire Prisms starting to take on my color scheme, and the effect the tinting has had on the crystal parts. The canopies are also tinted in this manner. I did this by using Future floor polish. You can read more about the effect here.
The crystals have a "crystal-clear" adhesion with no fogging because of the way I attached them to my vehicles. I used a tacky craft glue to secure the parts to the crystal frame, and then took some more floor polish to "eat" the glue, ensuring that the entire lot dried completely clear, with that tint of red. When the floor polish dries, it forms a great seal over the plastic and locks everything in place even more securely.