Jun 29, 2010

No More Vypers?

Well, I've been toying with the idea of dropping Vypers from my army in favor of some other options. I've recently been tweaking my list and getting in a few games to see how things are going. The most recent change with the army I've made is dropping a squadron of Vypers in favor of picking up another Fire Prism.

So far I like the results and I am even thinking of getting rid of the second Vyper group in my army and pick up a Wave Serpent with something inside - probably Fire Dragons. The thing about it though is Vypers have a lot of hidden abilities, and I'm worried that changing up just these two units will alter the way the army plays drastically. Namely, it would become slightly more direct, and I would lose some of my ability to throw down speed bumps and give out quick cover saves when I need it.

It's not the loss of firepower, it's the application of that firepower that changes, and my ability to support the rest of the army. I'll play around with the idea for now, but I wanted to throw my thoughts down.


1 Comments:

The_King_Elessar June 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

I have a lot of fun using my Vypers as gun platforms to support my Dragons as they go in, or as a diversionary assault, or to block the enemy armour, or...lol

They are great, but I think it's also very much worth using the army without them to see how differently it functions, not least because you may eventually decide you prefer it.

I'm a big fan of having more AV12, but don't really want to come down on either side.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP