May 20, 2010

New Fire Prism Plans

So, the Internet has been all enamored with the new Fire Prism / Nightspinner kit. I'm loving it personally, and I've already pre-ordered four of them. I'm starting to get the Eldar vibe again, especially after my last game using my Exodites. I can't wait to get my hands on them and start working.

 Image from Games Workshop

Alright, so why the big fuss, and why am I posting about what everyone else is posting about, only far later than everyone else? Simple. I have a few plans for the new kit that I'm going to put to use before we run our ultra large Apocalypse game. (In fact, this game is going to be so large, we need bridges to put the tables together so there is enough room to actually reach onto the board, yet if we went any bigger, it wouldn't fit into the garage.)

First up, obviously is to use the Fire Prisms in a Sunstorm Squadron. They'll match up really nice with the other Type II tanks I already have, including my Engines of Vaul.

Speaking of Engines of Vaul, I still have an extra Scorpion turret that was left over from doing my Storm Serpent conversion. I'm going to take the Nightspinner parts and do up a 40K scale Void Spinner for the Apocalypse Game. Originally, I was planning to do this conversion using the Forge World resin kits, but I can safely avoid that and get a Fire Prism in the process. Awesome.

Now, as far as the Storm Serpent goes, I really want to do some updates to it to bring it in line with the rest of the army. For starters, because I used the Falcon mount originally, I should be able to use the parts from the new Fire Prism turret and place it on top. This will bulk it up, which I think it should look like anyway. I may be going against the Epic design, but I'm not too worried, as lots of models differ from their Epic cousins.

I plan to remake the Wraithgate projector using the extra bits and add some additional Wave Serpent parts to complete the whole ensemble. I can't wait!

2 Comments:

KBelleau May 20, 2010 at 12:28 AM  

Sounds awesome dude, can't wait to see the model.

HuronBH May 20, 2010 at 1:32 AM  

It is cool that you are going back to your Exodites, It is was got me following your blog in the first place.

On a side note, I think the Prism model is going to finally get me going on my Exodite project.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP