Feb 20, 2010

It's Turbo Time

Well, time to make some weapons of incredible destruction. I chose to make Turbo lasers for a couple reasons, by mainly because they would be a good weapon that would be easy to construct without having to fiddle around too much bending and making things from scratch.

For Turbolasers, I used the weapon mounts I had previously built, then got some 1/2" diameter PVC pipe for about $4 including tax. Not bad, and I even have enough left over after making 8 barrels to make another set, or in this case, some Defense Lasers for Apocalypse. Oh joy.

Cutting the barrels to length with my saw, I then sanded down the edges, and glued them onto the weapon mounting block. There is a magnet inside of this that allows the weapons to articulate on their mounts, or to be removed.


Next step is to add a bit of sprue to the end to detail it up a bit. I know it's not an exact copy of the Lucius Pattern, but then again, neither is the rest of the Titan. After that, it's just a matter of waiting for everything to dry so it can be mounted to the hull so we can go blast things.


Oh, and one more thing, I couldn't just resist...

1 Comments:

Marshal Argos February 21, 2010 at 3:16 AM  

Hey looking good, especially the aquilla on the shoulders. I've also been working on a titan lately and just put up a post 2 days ago about making the arms magnetic/rotatable. The link is here: Magnetic Titan weapons if your interested.

Shall you do other arms as well or just these?

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP