Feb 14, 2010

Dominus Mortis

Featuring a seperating torso that can also rotate, seperating gun mounts that also rotate (thanks to magnets). I still have lots of work to do on this guy, and his twin - yes, there will be a second one as soon as I can get a few more supplies.  I couldn't resist two, since these Warhounds work in pairs.

The main structure is made from old GW boxes and a bit of PVC piping, and the entire thing has been stabilized by adding lots of cross members in the inside as well as to the joints. A giant Aquilla also spans his shoulders, and banners and purity seals will adorn his shin guards.



4 Comments:

zealot February 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Looking the part man! This gives me hope for making my own, which I've long thought about. Did you use the design stuff from the yahoo group? 1-10 how tough has this guy been for you? I might be bypassing my knight titan and just going for it...

Raptor1313 February 14, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

At a glance, I did not realize that was a scratch-build. It looks pretty sharp. Keep up the good work.

The Inner Geek February 14, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

Very nicely done! I can't wait to see it with weapons on it... and a twin!

Akenseth February 15, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

Thanks guys!

I used the templates Ron posted a while back. This is actually the second one of these that I've made. The first one was converted to a Nurglesque Warhound for a friend.

http://pathoftheexodite.blogspot.com/2009/06/nurgle-warhound-wip.html

Really, this isn't really hard to do if you do your planning. I find the biggest time consuming thing is making sure all the pieces line up and fit correctly after cutting.

My best advice is to build this thing slow. If you go fast you'll make mistakes and that is the toughest part. Mistakes can be really discouraging, since generally you will at least damage two pieces when you glue them to each other.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP