Dec 30, 2009

Guard Redux

I've decided to go a drastically different direction with my Imperial Guard. No, I'm not talking about changing up my list - so far I'm decidedly happy on what I've accomplished in that regard.

I was not very happy with the way my army was turning out as far as the paint scheme was concerned. While green and brown are nice colors to paint, I did not like the way the army looked. In addition I was frustrated to a degree with having both my Eldar and my Guard both have a lot of green on them. So I decided to go a different route.

Bring on the Inquisition! I've taken a look into my Daemonhunters Codex to get some ideas. After all, my Guard army is all veterans, with the occasional Vendetta and Leman Russ. I'm already using Grey Knights and planning on taking more. Overall, I'm in the initial stages of this, but I am very pleased with the result thus far.

Most of this is still work in progress though. Click on the images for larger versions.





3 Comments:

Dverning December 30, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Mmm... I like the strong color choice. It's very striking. Though it doesn't scream Inqusition to me as much as it does Adeptus Mechanicus...

J8el December 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

The funny thing is the red is a colour the two organisations share. Though the INQ can use whichever colours they like, and I feel Mechanicus tanks should be more Codex Grey then they are normally given. I'll agree though the near chroming of the armour makes them somewhat augmetic in appearance.

Are these guys still Aftermathian?

Akenseth January 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

The forgeworld brass I have will help with the image of the army.

The chromeness of the armor will go away once I go over the models with some Badab Black.

They're not really Aftermathian, just more or less generic Inquisition guys now.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP