Jul 31, 2009

Exodite Hunters

Exodite Hunters are equipped with the skin of dragons they have hunted over the years and carry a variety of grenades to disorient and trap even the largest and mightyest dragons on Exodite worlds by melting the ground around them. In order to pierce the thick resiliant hides of the mighty dragons, they carry potent and ancient fusion guns. In war, Exodite Hunters strike at the largest and hardest targets seeking the honour of bringing down the enemy war machines.

This is a side project I picked up so I could build something instead of painting straight through on the Revenant. It's currently a work in progress of building up the unit from my bits box and the Dire Avenger kit. Some of the bits I used are the High Elf silver helm spears, High Elf Dragon rider helmet and armor bits and Dark Elf corsair cloaks. I'm not sure everyone will agree with the fluff, but it works for me anyway. They of cource count as Fire Dragons.

6 Comments:

The_King_Elessar July 31, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

What's said Fusion Gun made of? I spent months trawling eBay and bits sites for 2nd Ed plastic Fusion Guns and Eldar CCW sprues, but to no avail, I almost gave up on my hopes of all-plastic Aspect Conversions...

Akenseth July 31, 2009 at 12:47 AM  

The gun is made from a Dire Avenger shuriken catapult with the sight cut off, the gun barrel cut off just above the grip, and the ammunition stock cut off.

A back part of a High Elf silver helms lance goes on the front of the gun, on the bottom is a Dire Avenger targeter.

It's what I've come up with so far, but I might make a few changes for the final model.

Karnstein July 31, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

Nice idea, but I would go over the crest on the helmet once more again. Or try using plasticcard...

Except for that little detail I like them very much, esp. since the DA+corsair conversion looks so easy on your pictures (it isn't in my opinion)

The_King_Elessar July 31, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Nice, thanks.

*Goes to trawl Bits sites for Silver Helms...*

Akenseth July 31, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

Does this help?

http://www.thewarstore.com/product27585.html

Anonymous,  February 15, 2010 at 2:08 AM  

In today’s rocky economic climate, most households are cutting back wherever they can. I too faced the problem and wated to cut down on
cable tv, I tried P2P, but then not impressed with it. I started collecting ways to watch my favorite tv shows online.
I have listed then in my blogspot, I try to cover as many tv shows and matches as possible, to help others like
me to watch their favorite sports or tv shows online for free.

But my list is not complete, I don't know where to find some international shows, for sports you have numerous resources, Can someone here help me with that?
Please tell me you favorite shows that you watch regularly and also some ideas to cover them. If you need to know the shows that I cover, then visit my blogs

[url=http://tvshows-watch-online-blogspot.com]Watch Online TV Shows for Free[/url]
[url=http://tv-shows-watch-online-blogspot.com]Watch Online Sports for Free[/url]

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP