Jun 19, 2009

Torunament Decisions

With a Torunament looming over me I'm trying to get everything ready in my army. While having it all painted isn't a requirement in this case, I want to have it done, just for the presentation factor.

Part of getting everthing painted is knowing what models in my collection that I am going to be using; that way I can put my efforts on those models.

So I hashed out my list after a few days of thinking and I pretty much have my ideas solidified. The only thing that I'm currently wrestling with is over taking a pair of Farseers (one for each Jetbike squad), or to run with two Fire Prisms. Keep in mind that I have one Farseer and one Fire Prism regardless.

The extra Prism would allow me to get some more long distance firepower, but the extra Farseer opens up some more possibilities with powers, not to mention the ability to soak up wounds with the invulnerable save and Fortune up both Jetbike squads - the question is, do I need to?

Tactically keeping both squads "safe" is possible, though more mentally demanding, and not to mention it can be a little tricky in some cases to pull off. Having the extra Farseer is sort of like a safety net for that squad.

The Fire Prism on the other hand offers me a second long range template attack, or twining the beam for the S6 AP3 Large or S10 AP1 Small, which is a nasty thing indeed. The Fire Prism is somewhat less subtle, and knowing my history with dual prisms, my opponents know a little bit more of what to expect here.

I'll think about this decision a little more, but until I decide if anyone feels like chiming in with some ideas or advice, please leave a comment.

3 Comments:

Jo June 21, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

What else have you got in your army?

Anonymous,  June 21, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Well, prism tanks work best if fielded in pairs, so I would go for the dual prism tank setup. ^^

Akenseth June 23, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

I'm currently running 2 Jetbike Farseers, 2 Jetbike Squads, 4 Vypers, 1 Unit of Storm Guardians in Wave Serpent, 2 Fire Prisms, I just tried out this list today and it seemed to work pretty good. Battle report will be up soon.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP