May 20, 2009

Storm Serpent - Painting - Part 4

I still have some work to do cleaning up some lines and getting the canopies highlighted, as well as finishing some details on the sides and underneeth the paneling, but I wanted to share the progress anyway.

The Wraithgate now glows blue underneeth, and I decided to get a bit adventureous. I took on a personal challenge and painted on some glowing Eldar runes using the basic idea on how I do lightning. They still might need to be brighter, I'm not sure yet. I'm liking them so much I'm going to go back to my other tanks and do the same!

All and all, I'm on track to have the model finished in time to enter the contest.

Follow the Storm Serpent Project




3 Comments:

HuronBH May 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Runes look great, your gems are amazing (one of the things I have yet to master), great job.

The Inner Geek May 20, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Those runes do look great! I seriously envy your freehand.

Akenseth May 22, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Thanks! I just kept my paintbrush damp and worked on one rune and gem at a time so I could wet blend them to get the effect. Takes a little longer but it's worth it.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP