May 15, 2009

Storm Serpent Conversion - Part 3

I've done most of the sanding and got things nearly done with the turret. I've even added a second power cell to the pulse laser to make it look more powerful. I'm quite happy with everything so far, but I have a problem with the conversion. Basically, I'm trying to be able to use this model as both a Scorpion and a Storm Serpent, so the extensions or front "bridge" on the two front fins have yet to be done along with the structure in the center. I've tried a few ideas but something keeps stopping me from drilling, poking and cutting into this model. After all, anything I do there will permanently change the model and damage my otherwise nice model that caused me to empty my wallet.

So I used the Falcon sensor and put it in the middle of the tank hull, between the two fins. It's not quite the same as the Epic tank, but then again, if you compare any of the Eldar Epic scale tanks to their 40K counterparts, you'll see there are some differences. Perhaps what I really need here is the Wave Serpent sensor instead? I'm not really sure. It seems very simmilar in profile at least. At this point it can be removed and placed where the sensor normally goes to use it as a Scorpion.

Part of me wants to go all out, but the other (perhaps smarter part) says this works for the conversion. I'd like to know what you guys think.

Follow the Storm Serpent Project



2 Comments:

KBelleau May 15, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

lol, I know what you mean by not wanting to cut into the nice & expensive model. Have you thought of using rare earth magnets? Magnetize the mounting points (turret, sensor, etc.) so that when it comes time to play with the model pieces are secure and aren't falling off during the game. It's alittle bit more work but I think it's worth it in the end. Just try to get the magnets flush with the surface and you will have a seamless finish.

Akenseth May 15, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

Magnets definately work. I currently have one on the sensor at the moment! I'm not sure on how to go about constructing the Wraithgate projector. I think I have an idea in the new post though.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP