May 12, 2009

Storm Serpent Conversion - Part 1

At last, with the arrival of Forgeworld, I can begin the long awaited 40K scale Eldar Storm Serpent conversion. The main components to this conversion are a Scorpion Type II, and a Falcon Type II. Both models can be obtained from Forgeworld.

Follow the Storm Serpent Project

Lets begin by gathering all the components from out kits and getting them all cleaned up and washed off. Here you can see all the different components you get from both kits:



I have assembled the engines and back fin making sure they fit snugly and attached them to the main hull of the Scorpion Type II.



Next I added cooking oil to the circular area on the top of the model using a paint brush. This is so that when I mixed my greenstuff and placed it in there, it would be able to be removed instead of sticking to the model.



After removing the greenstuff, I have a perfect negative of the cavity of the model. The reason I'm doing this is so that the turret component of the Storm Serpent will be able to be removed and changed out on the fly for the Scorpion turret. After it was removed the model was washed off and the oil removed.



Assembly of the Falcon Type II turret to make the Storm Serpent turret as standard. This part is by the instructions for the Falcon, so not much to see here.



Next I took the Falcon top carapace and I cut off the turret raised area on the back. Then I trimmed it down to size.



Here you can see it sitting on top of the model. Note that the green stuff negative I made previous will be attached to the bottom of the Falcon bit and more green stuff added to give the standard aerodynamic Eldar shape.



Next, I took the Scorpion flying stand, drilled a hole into the Scorpion and the stand and added a piece of metal clotheshanger. This gives the stand extra strong stability and makes the model level.



The components resting together for now. Soon more work will be done; but I'm happy with the results so far. Let me know what you think!


6 Comments:

KBelleau May 12, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

Very cool, but on the epic model what is the piece that stretches across the front hull?

Akenseth May 13, 2009 at 1:19 AM  

It's some kind of structure, but I'm not sure on exactly what the purpose is fluffwise. I'm assuming it's just for decoration or has something to do with making the model different/ powering the Wraithgate. If anyone knows for sure, please feel free to correct me! I will be placing it on my model though.

Faolain May 13, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

I thought the structure was the Wraithgate projector? I don't play Epic but that is what I have heard. Anyway, using a coat hanger wire for the base is brilliant! I was struggling to figure out what to do for my Cobra, how to make it stay without having to glue it.

Akenseth May 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

That's a possibility. The lack of information on Epic out there is really lacking, which saddens me.

I've done my Scorpion and Cobra the same way with the coat hanger. It's incredibly stable. I've also mounted my flyers using long rods made of coat hanger.

Anonymous,  January 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

I will not acquiesce in on it. I regard as polite post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous,  January 18, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP