Apr 25, 2009

Sick Ramblings

This is a post simply for the sake of posting while being sick.

Perhaps it is because I lay here ill and looking at the gaming table, I take notice of a terrain piece made from a recycled bottle. I look at it, and I think to myself: "No drinks on the gaming table", and I very nearly go to move it, until I realize that it is merely terrain and not some drink threatening my table.

Perhaps it's time to finish that piece of terrain so it won't be so painfully obvious that it's made of a bottle. At the same time with it being Earth Week it only seems appropriate that the terrain be made of items that normally would be thrown out.

Now, this got me to thinking on what items we would normally throw away that would make good pieces for Eldar terrain. Well, there are a few ideas that I have as far as that is concerned.

There are lots of containers that seem to have an Eldar look to them, from concave plastic bottles, like those that Coke has, or to the very chicken noodle soup bowl I ate from yesterday had a shape that was very Eldar. They both have curving shapes instead of straight edges.

Eldar terrain always reminds me of those wooden machined banisters on the sides of staircases, which these containers also had a similar shape. Perhaps using foamcore or other materials it would be easy to make some Eldar terrain out of stuff otherwise destined for the refuse bin.

4 Comments:

Col. Corbane April 25, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

You'd be surprised by what you can make out of drinks bottles and sweety tubs. Nice terrain BTW.

http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr272/Col-Corbane/Scenery/eldar%20city/

CC

The Inner Geek April 25, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Nice ideas for a sick guy! I often see things that I think would make a good piece of terrain. Unfortunately I don't play much, so I don't have a table, so I don't make terrain.

Akenseth April 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Really nice terrain there. Love it.

Batjutsu April 26, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Interesting thoughts. I really need to sort out some scenery.

Col. Corbane, lovely stuff, cheers for sharing :-)

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP