Apr 14, 2009

Battle Report - Eldar VS Necrons

While this battle ended in a Phase out for the Necron player, it wasn't what I was going for initially. My plan was to deploy my warwalkers and Shining Spears in the center, and use their scout move and move, and run them to get them over to my flank and in cover during my first turn - feinting an attack from there to my opponents objective. It worked and my opponent concentrated his destroyers on that side, instead of countering the bulk of my army...that would delay their shots for a few turns as they need to get into range.

I let loose with my Fire Prisms and started laying down some templates onto his warriors. It was soon becoming apparent that he wouldn't be able to hold his position. After killing the Necron Lord with my shining spears, I was hoping my opponent would want to counter. My Autarch boosted to the center of the table in a gambit in hopes that he could soak up some fire. It worked, but he ended up getting killed.

After some warriors and the lord were dead, I could fire away, using the length of the board and my Prisms to pound the opposite side until we realized the Necrons had phased out.

Victory Eldar!





5 Comments:

eriochrome April 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

The necron codex is really showing its age. From what I hear you need either max out destroyers, maxed out liths, or a CTan to make a serious list.

Akenseth April 15, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

I agree with that. After the battle we started discussing some of that, and talked about changing his army and trying different things.

Peter April 15, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Although I don't fully understand the 'phase out' rule with the necrons it seems to make the end of a great battle a bit lack luster when your opponent just vanishes!

But eldar won so it doesn't matter :D

Akenseth April 15, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Phase out happens when you have less than 25% of the total number of models in your army with the 'Necron' special rule left at the start of the Necron player turn, after WBB rolls.

Anonymous,  February 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

quite interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP