Mar 5, 2009

Tanks versus Dragons - A rules decision

So at one point you may recall that I was planning on using some converted High Elf dragons for the various tanks in my army. Well, as you may of noticed I'm now using the Forgeworld Type II variations of those tanks instead of the Dragons. So why the switch?



Well, the main reason was with all the extensive conversions in the entire army, I figure my opponents have enough to figure out (although I think most of the conversions are very obvious). The other reason was for the rules on how vehicles work, with their hulls and sizes of weapons and turrets and so forth. I decided based on those two things was just to keep things simple and get some kits to get my tanks together.



I already had some older Falcons that I wasn't using, so I grabbed the Type II conversion kits from Forgeworld so I could have something still fairly unique to play with that not every Eldar player is going to be able to have. The Exodites do have access and knowledge of the Craftworld Eldar technology, so I suppose it's not too far of a stretch that one of the Craftworlds gave the tanks to an Exodite cheif or shaman to use to protect the Maiden World.

I kinda regret doing it but I know it's to save arguement, especially with things like access points on my Wave Serpent.

2 Comments:

zealot February 25, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

I was going to use the HE dragon for the same thing in my exodites and came to the same conclusions on my own.

Dragon riders as bikes? sure. Dragons as tanks? hard to work ruleswise.

you made the right decision. Type II kits are cool anyways

Akenseth February 25, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

I eventually converted the Dragons into Cloudrunners, which are standins for Eldar Nightwings. I find that works much better since in Apocalypse, you're already bending a lot of the rules anyway.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP