Mar 13, 2009

PotE Poll - Glass Canopies

I've been pondering over what to do with all the Eldar glass canopies I have in this army and I'm looking for some feedback from readers. Currently I'm thinking of 3 distinct options:

  1. Paint the glass as normal, leaving the center areas clear.
  2. Paint the entire glass so that it is no longer clear, but has a painted glass effect.
  3. Tint the glass a darker color using inks and part resin technique.
Tell me what you think in the comments and don't forget to place your vote in the poll on the right side. Thanks!

4 Comments:

Cannonfodder March 13, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

I would definitely tint them simply because noone seems to do it.

RonSaikowski March 13, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

I just left mine clear so I could see the pilot underneath.

That's my vote.

Farmpunk March 16, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

I put this over on FtW, but I figure you might like to look at this too.

Future Floor polish is great for canopies, especially if you want it to look more like glass, and to remove small scratches.

I use it for making washes, and the airplane model guys love it apparently.

here's a link to a tutorial:
http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Akenseth March 16, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Awesome. Thanks for that tutorial. I think I'm going to take that route now, since the pictures they showed impressed me. I actually have a bottle of that around here from years ago during a move.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP